Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baklava Muffins

I didn't sleep too well last night and got up at 5am this morning. I know I'll pay for it by 2pm later :-p. Chuck the laundry into the washer and decided to bake some Double Chocolate Muffins for the kids' breakfast before school. Well, it was either that or cereal....(I can already hear them whining about it). Muffins are the easiest to whip up and within 30 minutes, they're out of the oven. Since I still had an hour before I go waking up the kids, I thought about the MOTH. He really shouldn't be indulging in those muffins, he could do with being less hyper... So, I had a choice of Nigella's Blueberry Muffins or Baklava Muffins. I opted for the Baklava. The muffins were great. Absolutely wholesome yet light for a good breakfast. Love the crunch from the walnuts-cinnamon-demerera mix. I forgot to take the honey out of the fridge so no runny honey on them when they came out of the oven. That would have given the muffins the extra punch. Without it, it was purely a health nut's breakfast muffin. The MOTH of course, had to be convinced that he needed the Omega-3 and Apple Cider Vinegar (used it to make the buttermilk) more than the sugar and milk in the chocolate ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment