Sunday, July 3, 2011

Brownies

As planned, here's another all-American favourite- Brownies. Like Nigella said in her intro to this recipe, I wonder why people don't bake brownies. They're the easiest to make right after muffins (actually, much easier than muffins!). In fact, whenever anyone asks me how to get started on baking at home, I always tell them to start with brownies. They are no skills involved in making them. Just melt and mix. Once they're ready and cooled, they cut beautifully and everyone loves a good slice of sweet chocolate. Even better with good vanilla ice-cream! They're also easy to manipulate for variation - toss in walnuts, pecans, raisins, chocolate chips or whatever you fancy or happen to have in the fridge. I once dumped in a cup of mini marshmallows for a Christmas party at home and they were fantastic! So, get your favourite chocolate out and start melting! I'm having bitter-chocolate brownies next ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment